The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate, Information Management and Procurement Department, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, the Head of Information Management Division. This is a full-time position at grade 7.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Applicants will receive an initial feedback by end of December.
Within the Corporate Services Directorate (CS), Information Management and Procurement Department (IMP) brings together Information Management Division (IMD), the Corporate Information and Process (CIP) and Procurement (PROCUR) divisions with Information Protection and Quality services.
The division is responsible for bringing together a number of the Bank’s information management operational activities, which correspond to the information management requirements of EIB staff and stakeholders, including the management of the Record Centre (Archives), GED - Electronic Document Management System, scanning and copy centre, mail and distribution services and the management of external information resources and databases.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage and develop information management services and operations in line with EIB policies and best practices to provide external and internal information resources and support the digitalisation and process optimisation of these resources.
You will work under the supervision of the Head of Information Management and Procurement Department and collaborate with other directorates across the EIB Group. You will manage contracts and service providers, consultants, information management counterparts within the EU institutions, professional associations, external libraries and universities as well as other multilateral financial institutions.
- Contribute in a pro-active way to the development and implementation of an overall information management strategy and related policies;
- Ensure that staff members within the division have the right competencies, objectives and motivation;
- Integrate information management best practices with directorate’s vision and objectives for its document collaboration and sharing platform initiative;
- Identify the need for new or revised policies, initiatives or projects in the division within the domain of information management (Document Management Policy, Historical Archives Policy and Records Retention Policy);
- Ensure the alignment of information management best practices with EU Regulation/EIB policies;
- Maximise operational efficiency through process optimisation, digitalisation of internal document management workflows and access to external digital information resources;
- Supervise the budget for outsourced services related to the division’s operational activities and for Information Resources and databases;
- Coordinate and supervise the public procurement processes;
- Create an Internal Control Framework documenting the division’s activities, processes and procedures;
- Provide expert advice notably to senior management Represent the division/department/directorate in information management projects or working groups to ensure that best practices in information management are taken into account.
- University degree in a business, technology or information management related subject, preferably supplemented by post-graduate studies;
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in information management, banking or other experience relevant for the role;
- Experience in managing and coaching staff, ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations (e.g. contribution to: determining team resources and skills; establishing objectives; assessing performance; delegating and supervising tasks; guiding, motivating, coaching and providing feedback)Previous experience with Electronic Documents/Records Management (EDRM) systems and Information Management technologies related to scanning and/or printing;
- Knowledge of Personal Data Protection regulations;
- Previous experience in business process analysis and optimisation;
- Proven record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of different methodologies;
- Previous experience in procurement, experience specifically with public procurement would considered as an advantage;
- Experience with external service contract management;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other.
Find out more about EIB core and managerial competencies here.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they rapidly build up knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 30th November 2020
(**). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Apply now via the "Apply" button.